Thursday, March 12, 2009

One tough "Pretty Boy"!

Saturday morning, Gary and Mitch were getting ready to leave to pick up Alex for the day, and I heard Mitch screaming outside. Gary walked in the back door carrying him (I couldn't see his face) and said, very calmly, "I need you to go pick up Alex. I'm going to have to take Mitch to the Emergency Room." WHAT!!!! You can't just calmly waltz in here and drop that bomb on me with no more details than that!?! And what makes you think I'm not going with you to take MY BABY to the ER?!? Then again, it's exactly that reaction that banned me from going! :) Ok, so I wasn't technically "banned". Gary just very nicely persuaded me that Mitch would be better off with him because they could make it an "adventure". So...they did and I stayed home with Jake! Jack went with them to sit in the back with Mitch and keep him awake and keep the cloth on his head. Oh...and most importantly, to send me pictures throughout the day! Forgive the quality, they are from a camera phone.


This is what it looked like before it got stitched up.


The put a "cocaine patch" on it to numb it. It worked so well they didn't even have to give him shot before they stitched it. Good stuff!


I think this is how he spent most of the day...talking on the phone and changing channels with the remote....definitely a guy thing! In this picture, he's talking to Alex, telling him all about his cut!


Here he is getting ready for to be stitched up....FINALLY! It took 8 stitches! And Gary said he couldn't believe how calm he was. They brought in someone to help hold him down while they did the stitches, since most kids that young are really freaked out by someone sewing their skin together....not Mitch! They didn't even have to hold him down. He just layed there while they "fixed his boo boo"!

And here's what my baby looked like the next time I saw him! He is quite proud of his stitches! Good job, Daddy! I guess you were right, after all...he did stay much calmer with you than he would have with me!
Oh! By the way...he fell running to the car and hit his head on Gary's open car door, in case you were wondering how it happened!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh! It looks horrible in the pic right after it happened. I love the one of him laying on the bed with the remote and the phone. Glad he's all stitched up and ok. Chicks dig scars, right?

confused said...

Ouch!!! Sounds like things went smoothly. I would have freaked & probably had my child in hysterics...y'all did good.

Nancy (Lara Smith Strohecker's Mother)