Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How does he do it?

It is amazing to me how Gary gets Jake to sit still long enough to fall asleep on him, but he does! Jake has not fallen asleep on me since he was 4 or 5 months old. Oh...how I miss those days! He would fall asleep on me, and I would sit on the sofa holding him while he slept for 2-3 hours (while Mitch was napping in his bed). I knew there were a million things I needed to be doing in those hours, but nothing was more precious that time. It wasn't an all-the-time-thing, but every now and then, I just couldn't help myself!

Well, not so much anymore. My friend, Lindsay, says he climbs on all over me like a dog...and she's right. He won't sit still in my lap. He climbs up in my lap and then back down and over and over again. It's like he's afraid to sit still. But...not with Gary!

Is there anything more precious than a sleeping baby?

No comments: