Friday, April 11, 2008

Long awaited soccer practice!

Mitch had his first ever "organized" sports practice on Tuesday. I use the word "organized" VERY loosely...we are talking about 3-4 year old kids playing soccer, after all. It was so great! Mitch was all decked out in his soccer cleats, shin guards, and socks, and loving it. For the first 45 minutes of the hour long practice, he had a blast...then he came over to me and said he didn't want to play anymore. He said he was tired (and he probably was - it was a school day). For the life of me, I couldn't get the kid back out there. Mimi was there, so she tried, and that didn't work either. Mimi was really funny. She looked at me and said, "I don't know, Nicole. I never had one like that!" Hmmm.... His buddy, Gabe (Lindsay's son), is on his team, so Lindsay finally told Mitch she didn't think he could kick the ball into the goal. That got him back out there...long enough to kick the ball in the goal and come back. I give! But, hey... what do you do? It was a good effort. I got some funny video and a couple of decent pictures (I was a really bad photographer that day). Here are a few of the pics...

1 comment:

Suzanne M. Jones said...

love it... Mitch looks like a real pro. I love the last picture where he's walking all "cool".