Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's been a while!

As my brother pointed out to me tonight, it has been a while since my last post, so I have lots to update you all on!

Let's start with last weekend...Another HUGE thanks to "Mimi"! Gary and I went to a ski resort in Virginia for a long weekend, and "Mimi" kept Mitch and Jake for us. We had a wonderful time. The cell phones barely picked up and Gary's air card for his computer didn't pick up. For all of you who know what a workaholic Gary is...He didn't work ALL WEEKEND! We just chilled out for 2 full days and really didn't do much. We didn't ski because we didn't have the appropriate attire, but we did "tube". They had what is basically a big snow slide that you go down on intertubes. I lasted a whole 30 minutes of our 2 hour session before I wimped out because I was too cold, but it was a ton of fun while we were there! :) Gary had a great time making fun of this "City Girl" for not being able to handle the cold. Here are a couple of pics of the mountains and the ski slopes.


Friday we went to a winery and on the way there, we saw this sign. We loved it so much we had to stop and take a picture.




Next...Jake had his 4 month appointment last week, and all is well with my "quirky" little guy! He is 25.5 inches long (75 Percentile) and 14 pounds 5 ounces (50 Percentile). Dr.Moss took a look at his head and says that for now we don't need to put him in a helmet. He wants to look at it again at his 6 month appointment and if it still has such a flat spot, he will probably suggest the helmet. So, we are working very hard at keeping him off of the left side of his head.

I tried to give him the Similac Sensitive formula in hopes that he would be able to keep it down, but no such luck. It looks like it is going to be Similac Alimentum for him - only the most expensive for my baby! :) Needless to say, I'll be nursing for as long as possible!

Jake really changed in the days I was gone over the weekend. He has found his hands and loves to reach for things. He likes to touch people's faces, especially Mitch's. He is super aware of everything going on around him. I put his floor gym up in the Bonus Room, and he is so funny with it. It has a mirror on it, and he talks and talks to himself in the mirror. He loves it!

I tried to give him Rice Cereal today for the first time. He didn't want any part of it! He just spit it right back out at me! At first I thought I had it too thick, so I put some more formula in it...no luck. Then I thought I would warm it up some more...no luck. So, I tried mixing some apple juice in it to sweeten it...no luck. So, I thought I would just wait and try again later when he was more hungry...no luck there either! Any suggestions, anyone? I guess I'll just keep trying. He is having a really hard time going 3 hours between feedings, so I think he needs to get some "food". Here is a picture of the horrible face he made when I tried to feed it to him.


I think he would rather eat his bib! (Thanks to Uncle Josh and Aunt Leah for the bibs)


As for Mitch, the last couple of days have been gorgeous Spring-Like days here, so Mitch has been able to play outside. Mimi got him soccer goals and a soccer ball for Christmas. He has been getting them out of the garage, setting them up, and playing soccer in the yard (Yes...HE is doing it himself). HE LOVES IT! He is a different kid when he gets to play outside. I don't think I realized how much he missed it. I had so much fun watching him and playing with that I forgot to get the camera out. I'll post some pics soon.

I think I have caught up on most everything. I'll try not to get so far behind next time. I know it makes for a really long post! Oh...and I'll do better about taking pictures. I didn't have many to post this time.


No comments: