Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thumb-sucker no more!

I can't believe it, but my "baby" is no longer sucking his thumb! Mitch has been sucking his thumb while he has his "night-night" (blanket for those of you don't know that term) for as long as I can remember. The general rule (and I use that term loosely) has been that he can't have his night-night out of his bed. But...all of you Moms out there know how that goes! Since Jake got here, Gary has been talking to Mitch about how big boys don't suck their thumbs, and Mitch has been trying less and less to get that night-night out of his room. A week or so ago, I started noticing that it was taking Mitch a lot longer to fall asleep at night. And, of course, it was Mimi that pointed out to me that she didn't think he was sucking his thumb. (Why is that I never notice these things?) She was right!!!! My big boy broke himself of his thumb sucking habit! I just can't believe how much he has grown up in the last few months! I am so proud of him!

No comments: