Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thanks "Mimi"!

I knew the streak couldn't last forever, and it didn't! Most of you know that I ALMOST never get sick (yep, I said ALMOST). I can't remember the last time I was out of commission...that was before Monday, anyway. I started feeling bad Saturday, and was a little worse on Sunday. Then Monday came and I was at home by myself again. I thought I would just keep going even though I really didn't feel great... doing the laundry, cleaning up the house, fixing meals, chasing kids. That didn't happen.

By about midday, I had called my "mommy". Funny how even at 32, when you don't feel good you still go to "mommy"! :) She never missed a beat. As soon as I told her I didn't feel good she asked if I wanted her to come over. The answer... a big whiny "Yeessss!!!" She came over Monday afternoon. She spent all afternoon doing my laundry (literally 5 loads or more), cleaning up my house, fixing meals, and chasing my kids...all while I laid in bed. She spent the night Monday night, and took Mitch to school on Tuesday morning. Then she came back and did more laundry (probably another 5 loads or so) and took care of Jake before she went back and picked Mitch up from school. She spent Tuesday night also, and most of the day on Wednesday, taking care of me and my boys. She even made me homemade vegetable stew. When she went home on Wednesday afternoon, she took Mitch with her, and brought him back home today.

All because of my wonderful Mom, I was able to kick this bug in a few days. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. I am NOT a complainer...and I couldn't function! I am so thankful to have such an amazing Mom! Thanks "Mimi"! We all love you and miss you! We kind of got spoiled to having you here! :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

will she come take care of me next time I get sick? :)

I'm glad you are feeling better. See you tomorrow!