Wednesday, October 8, 2008

11 month update!

Can you believe it is already that time? Jake is 11 months old (11 months and 3 days to be exact...you know I'm always behind on these updates)! He is growing up so fast! I can't believe that he is almost a year old! Where has the time gone?
Jake has become quite the little explorer these days. He likes to open and close every drawer and door within his reach. He spends the whole time I am getting ready in the mornings opening my cabinet door and drawers. And I spend the whole time saying, "No!...No Jake!...Jacob, I said No!" and moving him out of the way. It's pretty much the same story in the kitchen. He already knows which cabinets and drawers he can get into there. He throws all of the can koozies and bibs out of the drawers all over the kitchen, and just a couple of days ago he found the tupperware drawer...uh oh! I looked over and the only thing I could see of him was his bottom sticking out of the cabinet...he was climbing all of the way in it! I ran for the camera, but by the time I found it, this is all I was able to capture...He pulls up on EVERYTHING these days. I have to make sure my elastic pj pants are tied, too, or he would pull them off of me trying to stand up! He tried to pull up on his buddy, Luke (who is 9 moths old), and knocked him flat on his bottom! Every now and then, if he is desparate to get ahold of something, he'll take a couple of very tentative steps while he holds onto something, but I wouldn't exactly say he's "cruising" yet. I don't expect him to be walking too soon.

He is pretty much off of baby food. He will still eat it, but mostly he's eating table food these days...and lots of it! He loves Mac 'n' Cheese (who doesn't?) and green beans. So far, those seem to be his favorites. That...along with anything he happens to find on the floor, anyway. Here is picture of him shovelling Mac 'n' Cheese in his mouth two fistfulls at a time!
Jake loves to play Peek-a-Boo and Patty-Cake. Every time I put him in his crib, he pulls his blanket over his head and Peek-a-Boos! He just giggles every time! It's the best! And Mitch...he can do no wrong in Jake's eyes! As soon as he sees Mitch every morning, he just grins his biggest, happiest grin! Mitch fell asleep in the car the other, and Jake kept trying to wake him up. He was just yelling at him! If you know Mitch, you know that it didn't work...nothing wakes that child up!

Jake is still great at playing by himself or with others. He LOVES toys...especially trucks and tractors! Lucky for me, he still hasn't tried to climb the stairs. We were at Lindsay's (a.k.a. Cee-Cee's) house today, and they have carpeted stairs, and he climbed up those. I think the hardwood stairs scare him as much as they do me.

He stills says "ma-ma" some, but not as much as he did, and he says "da" for "daddy" now, but that is about the extent of his vocabulary. The rest of the time, he just jabbers and/or yells.

I guess that is about it for this month's update, so I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Jake! Lindsay took it at the farm a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, he is adorable. I think all children do the emptying of drawers, etc. My cousins did that and I believe I did too. It is cute! Very curious!