Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter Fun!

Yes, I am just now getting around to posting Easter pics...I have figured out my problem with keeping up with this blog. I take way too many pictures, and it takes forever for me to sort through them, and narrow them to what I want to put on here. Anyway, I'll definitely work on it, but for now, here's my Easter post...two weeks late!

Mitch's first Easter Egg Hunt this year was at school. He was so excited about it! He got to take his Easter Bucket (not a basket...that would be too girly...note the sarcasm) to school, and some of the parents hid eggs on the playground. Then the kids all got to go outside and find them. When I got there to pick Mitch up that day, one of the other mom's, Andrea, said that Mitch had gotten about 3 eggs! From the sound of it, he got side-tracked by the slide! He said he had to go down the slide to see if any were hidden on it! He is way too good at making excuses for his age!

Then we went to Mimi's house (for those of you who don't know...that's my mom), and colored eggs. Then I hid them and he found them. He really did a good job of finding them, much better than I expected, but he didn't exactly have any competition, since he was the only one hunting. Then he wanted to hide them for Mimi to find. Wow! He is much better at hiding them than he is hunting them! He was putting them in the bushes and everything! Mimi even missed a few the first time around!

On the Saturday before Easter, we took the kids to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Zoo this year. When I say we took the kids, I mean all 4 of them...and Mimi even joined us! Is so much fun! It was right up Mitch's alley...it was more of an Egg Gathering than an Egg Hunt. They dumped thousands of eggs in the middle of a field and the kids got to run out and pick them up. He didn't actually have to search for any of them. The hunts were divided by age groups so Jake and Mitch went at separate times, but I think they both had fun.

Jake on the way home from the Zoo, eating his animal crackers. This is what happens if you give Jake more than one animal cracker at a time!
Alex helped Mitch on the Carousel
Jack was way too cool to ride the Carousel, so he just sat and waiting on the uncool people to get off!

Jake LOVES the Carousel... He giggled and clapped through the whole ride!

Mitch showing off his two buckets full of eggs! Daddy is so proud!

Mitch filling his bucket

Alex helping Jake with his first Egg Hunt

Not real sure what this face is all about, but I just love that pout! Oh, and yes, that is the beginning of a black eye...he ran into a chair in the restaurant.
Jake "practicing" carrying his bucket

Jake wanted to make sure Mimi had enough to eat!

No comments: