Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yep...He's 20 Months!

It won't be any time and I will be posting about his 2nd birthday! How did that happen?

He is such a funny little guy! As I type this he is trying to climb into the wine cabinet...where does he get these ideas? He is definitely a high-energy kid! He loves to tackle, wrestle, hit, and throw. But just as much as he loves to be rowdy, he loves to snuggle! What a great combination! He loves to make people laugh, and he loves to laugh! I have no doubt that Jake will be the class-clown when he starts school.

He has finally started walking places. Yes, he has been walking for a while, but he always wanted to be carried into stores or to the car or basically to any destination. He would walk/run all over the house or outside, but aside from that...he was a "carry me" kid! I tried putting him down and making him walk, but he would sit down and cry in the middle of the parking lot! FINALLY, in the last couple of weeks, he has started walking everywhere. He walks to the dock when we go to the boat, he walks into the grocery store and to Target, and even into the church to take Mitch to VBS this week. It's good timing...I'm not sure how much longer I would be able to carry him...he is already almost 30 pounds!

He has also started talking more. He says Momma, Daddy, Mimi, Jack, Mitch, bye, go, yes, eat, please, up, and a few other things that I just can't understand! He follows instruction amazingly well! He cleans up his messes occasionally. He puts his sippy cup in the sink when he is done with it (that is, when he doesn't put it in the trash can)! He still loves to eat, and isn't picky about what he eats. He loves to show you his belly button. And he has a great time cheering for Mitch during T-ball. He has at least one bruise on his head/face at all times. Probably because he leads with his head in whatever he is doing. He even uses it as an extra limb to help him climb things!

He is constantly suprising me with the things he can do! The other day he opened a bottle of water and started drinking it. He even got almost as much in his mouth as he did down the front of his shirt (thankfully we were outside). He has learned to open the car door. Last week, I left him in the garage while I was running in and out unloading the car. When I went to check on him...I found him in the drivers seat of my car! (Is it wrong that I went to get the camera before I got him out? I mean, it's not like the keys were in it!)
He gets into his carseat on his own and even tries to strap himself in.

He throws his own diapers in the diaper pail, and sometimes even lets me know he when he needs a clean one. He brings me his shoes when he sees us start getting ready to go somewhere (he isn't going to risk being left behind). He climbs all over the playground equipment...up the ladders, down the slides, wherever he wants to go. I have even found him on Alex's top bunk once. Yep, climbed the ladder to hang out up there.

He has slept in a big-boy bed once. Last week while Mitch was a Mimi's he kept pointing and grunting at Mitch's bed. Of course, I'm not completely crazy...I ignored him and put him in his crib. After about an hour of him fussing off and on, I went in to check on him (for about the 3rd time) and this time I picked him up. When I did, he tried to get out of my arms and to Mitch's bed...so, what the heck? I put him in Mitch's bed...and that is where he went to sleep. I moved him back to his crib before I went to bed. He woke up at about 3am and was one ticked off little boy! :) That is first and last time he has slept in a big-boy bed for now. I am NOT ready for him to be out of his crib yet!
He loves the water! Last weekend, while we were on the lake, he started jumping off the boat into the lake (don't worry...he was jumping to his daddy). Mitch was doing it, and he was not about to let someone else have all the fun! He likes to "swim" and blow bubbles, and splash!

Jake is just a pure joy to be around. You can't possibly be around him without smiling! I couldn't be more blessed!

No comments: