Monday, May 5, 2008

6 Months Old Today!

I can hardly believe it! Jake is already 6 months old, and what a joy he is! He is just the sweetest little guy in the whole world (and I'm not at all biased)! When he smiles, it just melts my heart. I have never seen a sweeter smile. I remember laughing at Mitch's smiles, because he always looked like he was up to something (and still does, by the way)... not Jake!

Let's see...what all can I tell you about him at 6 months? For starters, he's always moving. He can't even sit still to eat. Because of that, I am officially no longer nursing. He nursed for the last time yesterday. Way to go me... exactly 6 months! :) It is really a challenge to get him to finish a bottle, especially if he hears any kind of distraction.

He is also very mobile. He will roll anywhere he wants to go, usually under the coffee table. That seems to be his favorite place these days. He's trying to crawl, and he can manage to scoot a little with a whole lot of effort. Mostly he just looks like he is swimming in place.

He's also a little piggy. He eats cereal and a jar of fruit for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and a veggie and a fruit for dinner, plus his bottles. And he will let you know it when he is ready to eat!

He's turned into a great napper. He takes about a 2 hour nap in the morning and the afternoon, when we are home. When we are on the go, he catnaps in his carrier all day. He is still a great night-time sleeper also. He goes to sleep around 7pm and wakes up around 7am.

He LOVES to jump! He already has a favorite toy (his giraffe). He smiles every time he hears Mitch's, Jack's or my voice. He's already learning that Mimi's house is a pretty cool place to be. Unfortunately for him, he HATES loud noises! Gary and Mitch growling at each other can send him over the edge. He doesn't like his Bumbo seat. And, finally, he reaches for anything and everything, and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth!

I believe that about covers it. Jake has his 6 month check up and Mitch has his 3 year check up on Friday. I'll let you all know what the doc says about my wild men after their appointments!

No comments: