Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun in the sun!

Gary had to go out of town to his yearly Leadership Conference, and was going to be gone for a full week this time. Last year, Mom, Mitch, and I went to Memphis to see Josh while Gary was gone. This year, Josh wasn't going to be there, so we went to the beach instead. Saturday morning, Mom, Mitch, Jake, and I loaded in Mom's car and drove to Seagrove Beach, Fl (about 20 miles from Destin). I do mean LOADED, too! It's amazing what all you have to pack for 5 nights with a 3 year old and a 7 month old! We had a really good time, and I can't wait to go back with the whole family!

Mitch, Jake, and me getting ready to go down to the beach...Jake's first time down.


Jake in the sand. I didn't really know what to expect, but he dug right in. He did great, until Mitch decided it would be a good idea to throw sand at him. Then he was done!

Here's Jake and me late one afternoon on the beach. He was so sweet. He would just lay his little head down on my shoulder and snuggle. He really doesn't like the bright sun!

What a difference two years makes. The last time Mitch went to the beach was two years ago. He hated the sand so much he would not touch it. It turned out to be a great thing, actually. We put out a blanket and he wouldn't get off of it. Great babysitter. This year, he loved it!

He had his dump truck, shovels, and boats, and had a great time playing! One of his favorite things to do was dig the sand and throw it in the ocean.


Jake and Mitch both had a great time in the pool. Mitch has turned into quite the little fish. At the beginning of last year, he wouldn't even get in the pool. At the beginning of this year, he would get in, but wouldn't go under water. I got him this little $0.99 intertube, and it has been the best thing. He just holds onto it and jumps in the water, lets me throw him around, swims all over the pool. He loves the freedom it gives him. I got Jake this little float before we went on vacation. This was his first time in it, and he loved it. I couldn't believe how much that baby loved the water. He would just kick and kick and grin and laugh. It was the best! I am so glad we got to go.

Here's a picture of Mimi, Jake, and Mitch in the pool at the condo. I'm so glad Mimi was there to play with all of us!

My friend and neighbor, Amy, is the one who suggested Seagrove Beach. She was there that week, too, with her kids. She has Thomas, who is Mitch's age, and they are good friends. She also has Robert, who is 7 weeks older than Jake, and I'm sure they will be good friends, too.

Here are Mitch and Thomas playing on the beach with their noodles.

Amy and I got to out to dinner one night without kids. Our moms kept out kids for us. It was a real treat! Here we are getting ready to go out.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: