Friday, June 27, 2008

I'll miss you, Christy!

One of my best friends, Christy, is leaving me! I met Christy shortly after we moved into this house at a neighborhood Christmas party. It was a "dirty Santa" gift exchange, and every time I would choose a gift, she would steal it from me. I mean EVERY time! She made the comment at one point after she had stolen yet another gift from me, "Watch, we'll end up being best friends because we have kids the same age." How true that turned out to be! Christy has Kendyl who is Mitch's age, Kaitlyn who is 5, and Luke who is Jake's age. We have been through a lot together in one short year. With both of us having husbands who travel alot, we kept each other sane on many nights by eating dinner together and letting the kids play until bedtime. Well, Mike, Christy's hubby, works for Kellog's and he got a promotion...so they are moving to Michigan for his job. I always knew it was only a matter of time, but I never realized how hard it would be when the time came. The moving truck left today. Luckily, they have about 3 weeks before they close on the house they are moving into, so she is only going to her parents (about an hour away) until then. We are still taking one more trip together before they go for good, and I am so thankful for that! I'll miss you and your whole family so much, Christy! I love you all!

No comments: