Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ahhh....Puerto Rico!

Gary and I have been so incredibly fortunate to get to go on vacations without kiddos over the last several years. The company he works for runs contests every couple of years or so and the winners get to go on trips to wonderful places! So far we have been to San Diego and Laguna Beach, a cruise to Bahamas/St.Thomas/and St.Martin, Hawaii, and now Puerto Rico! It's times like these I am actually grateful for all of the time that Gary puts in working! :) And speaking of grateful... even though Gary qualified for the trips, we would never be able to go if it wasn't for my mom keeping the kids! Thanks, Mimi! I very literally couldn't do it without you! I know there aren't too many couples with very young kids who get to go off on tropical vacations!



Puerto Rico was wonderful! The resort was gorgeous! We didn't venture off much, but that just isn't my style of vacation. We went snorkeling one day and Gary played golf one day, and the rest of our time was spent by the pool or on the beach! We absolutely loved our time together, and we also loved getting to hang out with our friends in the company that live all over the country and we don't get to see but once a year or so! Gary also had several people from his team that qualified, and it was great to get to hang out with all of them and their spouses outside of the office!


Enough words, though...I know you really want to see the pictures....Speaking of pictures, I'm not sure when I last posted pictures of Gary, but prepare to be shocked! He is my new and improved...skinny hubby! Gary has lost 50 pounds this year!!!! I am soooooo proud of him!

Chris and Gary at the airport in Puerto Rico...and no, Chris is not walking ahead of Gary, he is just that tall!


Yes, it really is a picture of me and Gary together...and no, I didn't have to Photoshop us into the same picture! :) Are you ready for the real shocker...there are more to come later in this post!

This is the resort from the Ferry that took us to and from the private island that the resort owns. The beach was on the island.



This is the beach....gorgeous isn't it? It was my favorite place!

There were few different pools on the resort, but this is one where we hung out our first day there...with Tom A., Chris and Ann, and Tom and D'Linda L.

Ann, Chris, and Gary sipping fruity cocktails in the pool...Ahhhh...this really is the life! Ann's, of course, was non-alcoholic, since she's pregnant! Ferry ride photos....D'Linda, Ann, and me on the ferry to the island while our hubbies were playing golf!

Gary and David...David doesn't look too pleased about Gary's driving! :)

I love this picture of Gary golfing!
Gary and me going to dinnerGary and me on the ferry to the island
....and us again, eating lunch on the island ....with Tambry, David, Matt R. and Matt S.
(Did I mention that Gary's brother is working with him now, and he got to go on the trip also?...that would be Matt R.) And...the whole crew...
Tom A., Tom L., D'Linda, Tony, Gail, me, Gary, Matt R., Matt S., Tambry, David, Ann, and Chris
In the airport waiting on our flight out of Puerto Rico...yes...Gary is already working again! Oh well...I wonder where that hard work will take us next time?


No comments: