Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun in the Country!

Christy and the kiddos came to town to visit at the end of August. We were so lucky to get a couple of really great visits in....one girls night and one all-day playdate!

Girls Night Out!
Her parents live about an hour from me, so we went to spend the day at their house out in the country. I know my kids are city-boys, but it's times like this that I reminded of it. Mitch called it "the place where there aren't so many houses". And the horses at her parents house...I couldn't get him to understand that they weren't "wild horses" just because they weren't in a zoo! They both loved it, though!

We first went to each lunch and play at McDonalds (okay...it's not so far out in the country that there isn't a McD's).

The kdis had a great time playing on the playground!

Christy and I tried to get a picture of all 5 kids...but this was all we got! Kendyl is hiding behind Ronald McDonald and Luke wasn't wanting any part of it! Hmmm...I think we had about this much luck when we tried to get a picture of the 5 of them when we visited them in Michigan!

Then we went back to her house and put Jake and Luke down for naps. We put Mitch, Kendyl, and Kaitlyn outside playing with a cooler full of water, plastic cups, and paint brushes. You can't even begin to imagine how much fun they had with just those three things! It was one of those times that I really wondered why on earth we buy them toys!

Jake came out and played, too, after he woke up from his nap. He loved it just as much (maybe more) than the other three. Luke missed out on the party, though. He's one of those kids who takes 3-4 hour naps everyday! Ahh...I remember what that was like (Mitch was one of those kids)...now I am lucky to get an hour and a half to two hours out of Jake!

Redneck Swimming Pool!

Jake "painting" the deck with water
After a while, Mitch kept saying he wanted to see the horses, so went to let him pet them. Let's just say that Mitch was being very literal when he said he wanted "see" the horses. I did finally get him to pet her once (okay...maybe I didn't "get" him to...maybe I "made" him!) Jake was a little more willing...
Jake also enjoyed feeding her long pieces of grass.

Oh yeah! And remember this picture from a previous post? It was taken on this day, too! I LOVE this picture! Thanks, Christy, for getting it!

We had such a wonderful time and we can't wait until they come visit again....maybe we'll be invited back to her parents' house! The kids really need to get out of the city occassionally! (Hint Hint, Christy)

No comments: