Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

We have Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family every year. My grandmother, "Granny" ("Pa" passed away several years ago), lives out in the country, and growing up, we loved the freedom that came with being there. Mitch was no exception. He had a wonderful time running around outside with his cousins, who he only sees about once a year. You might think that would make him a little stand-offish, but not Mitch! :)



Mitch and his cousins Brody, Tyler, and Aiden playing Army with sticks they found, all wearing my grandfather's hats! Good thing they were there since none of us moms brought any...and it was REALLY cold!


Mitch and Brody sitting on the stairs. Pa did all of this stonework himself many years ago!

Jake and his cousin hoping to escape to the outdoors with their brothers


The red heads stuck together! Jake hanging out with my cousins's hubby, Zack (left), and my brother, Uncle Josh (right)


I told you there is height in my family...I'm just the runt!
A rare photo of me, Daddy, and Josh And an even rarer one of all of us. I think it may actually be the only one ever!
Left to Right: Gary, Jake, Me, Mitch (look low), Leah (with Baby Beccah in her belly), Josh, Kathy (Dad's wife), and Daddy
Granny and her kids
Left to Right: Daddy, Debbie, Granny, Teresa, and Vickie

On Friday, we all went to Mom's and played. Gary brought the smoker, and he and Josh played with it. Mitch brought his football, and he and Jake played outside in Mom's big backyard. Mom, Leah, and I had a great time watching all of the boys! Notice the big swing in weather...it was perfect weather on Friday, after being so cold on Thursday. Gotta love Tennessee weather in the Fall (and Spring)!
Mitch playing football, and Jake pushing one of his toys

After a while, Uncle Josh decided the kids needed to learn to climb a tree, so he helped them into one of the trees in the backyard. He saw fun...I saw photo op! I love the pictures I got of them in the tree! Check out Mitch climbing in Crocs...hmmm...maybe not the best shoes for climbing trees!

"Look at me!"

"No hands! I'm Superman!"

My little poser!

Don't ask...I have no idea what he's doing, but I love it!

Uncle Josh had as much fun as the kids did!

No comments: